hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mallanagouda Patil <mallanagouda.c.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hdfs read and write operation
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:03:51 GMT
1.The data queue and streamer are present in HDFS client it's nothing to do
with cluster. The hdfs client writes packets into datanode and it will read
packets from datanode.
2. The datanode allows parellel read/write operations, meaning multiple
hdfs clients can read/write from/into a datanode respectively.

On Apr 19, 2017 8:08 PM, "Sidharth Kumar" <sidharthkumar2707@gmail.com>

please help me to understand it
1) If we read anatomy of hdfs read in hadoop definitive guide it says data
queue is consumed by streamer. So, can you just tell me that will there be
only one streamer in a cluster which consume packets from data queue and
create pipeline for each packets to store into data node or there will be
multiple streamer which will consume packets from data queue and store into
data node parallel .
2) There are multiple blogs has been written claiming read and write is a
parallel process(below I have pasted one such link). Can you also help me
by justifying  if they are wrong

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/sidharthkumar2792

View raw message