hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fw: Certain metric groups are missing when using a custom sink in place of FileSink
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 16:33:25 GMT
forwarding here since this seems to be a generic metric-related issue and not necessarily HBase.

________________________________
From: jeff saremi <jeffsaremi@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:29 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Certain metric groups are missing when using a custom sink in place of FileSink

When we use a FileSink to log metrics from HBase we can see more names than when we use a
custom metric sink. Is there something undocumented that we're missing?
For instance when using FileSink, we can see WAL, RegionServer, Replication,Server , and Regions
in the log.
However if we use a custom sink (which happens to be writing whatever it gets to the log as
well) we can only see WAL and RegionServer.

These are the config lines we're using:

hbase.sink.mdmsink.class=mycomp.metrics.MdmSink
hbase.sink.mdmsink.server=myserver:8880
*.period=10