hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Tanvir Rahman <tanvir9982...@gmail.com>
Subject why the default value of 'yarn.resourcemanager.container.liveness-monitor.interval-ms' in yarn-default.xml is so high?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:44:28 GMT
Can anyone please tell me why the default value of '
yarn.resourcemanager.container.liveness-monitor.interval-ms' in
so high? This parameter determines "How often to check that containers are
still alive". The default value is 60000 ms or 10 minutes. So if a node
manager fails, the resource manager detects the dead container after 10

I am running a wordcount code in my university cluster. In the middle of
run, I stopped node manager of one node (the data node is still running)
and found that the completion time increases about 10 minutes because of
the node manager failure.

Thanks in advance

View raw message