hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Kumar Prabakaran <dineshpv...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue in Rollback (after rolling upgrade) from hadoop 2.7.2 to 2.5.2
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 05:13:25 GMT
I tried to do rolling upgrade from hadoop 2.5.2 to hadoop 2.7.2.

As per reference
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html#Rollback>
one can rollback to previous release provided the finalize step is not
done.

I upgraded the setup, did not finalize the upgrade and tried to rollback
HDFS to 2.5.2 version. Facing following exception after starting *Name node
1* as Active with the “*-rollingUpgrade rollback*” option.

*org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.IncorrectVersionException: Unexpected
version of storage directory ..\Metadata\data\dfs\namenode. Reported: -63.
Expecting = -57.*

Faced similar exception when I started *Data node* based on Downgrade
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html#Downgrade>
approach
also.

*org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.IncorrectVersionException: Unexpected
version of storage directory ..\Metadata\data\dfs\datanode. Reported: -56.
Expecting = -55.*

There is already a task regarding this but its in Open status.

Is this known issue? Please let me know are there any other steps to
perform rollback (from rolling upgrade) or is it not supported to rollback
to Hadoop 2.5.2.

Thanks,
Dinesh Kumar P