hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Start client side daemon
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:50:08 GMT
Hi Kun,

HDFS won't start any client side object(for example,
DistributedFileSystem). I can say, HDFS Client -> user applications access
the file system using the HDFS client, a library that exports the HDFS file
system interface. Perhaps, you can visit api docs,

Namenode has RPC server that listens to requests from data nodes, clients.
Datanode has RPC Server which will be used for inter data node
communications. I think, its worth reading the following to get more

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Kun Ren <ren.hdfs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Genius,
> I understand that we use the command to start namenode and datanode. But I
> don't know how HDFS starts client side and creates the Client side
> object(Like DistributedFileSystem), and client side RPC server? Could you
> please point it out how HDFS start the client side dameon?
> If the client side uses the same RPC server with server side, Can I
> understand that the client side has to be located at either Namenode or
> Datanode?
> Thanks so much.
> Kun

View raw message