hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Hoermann <srhoerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi node maintenance for HDFS?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 02:00:43 GMT
Hi Olivier,

Do your instructions apply for an online cluster? I couldn't see where it
dealt with keeping the data online/available while the upgrade is happening.

I'm sorry I wasn't very precise. We don't just want to avoid data loss but
also do the upgrade while the cluster is running and avoid unavailability
of data. We only want 1 copy of each block offline while we are upgrading.

The ticket Anu linked to address seems to address our use case.

Thank you,

Stephan

https://.hortonworks.com/articles/40126/hdp-upgrade-using-reinstallation.html