hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i686 support
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:48:56 GMT
Well, the error I got was:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.0.1:jar (default-jar) on
project hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell: You have to use a
classifier to attach supplemental artifacts to the project instead of
replacing them. -> [Help 1]

I'm not sure if this is a Fedora-specific problem (due to its dependency
convergence and the specific version of the maven-jar-plugin, for example),
or if it's an upstream problem. This was version 2.4.1. Right now, I'm just
trying to stabilize the currently packaged 2.4 version, before I begin
moving towards an upgrade path for users to migrate to a newer version
(2.6, probably). It's just that I'm a bit overwhelmed with Hadoop's build
and quantity of components.

Not sure where to begin looking.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 3:42 PM Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com>

> Hello Christopher,
> While 64-bit is certainly the common case at this point, we also have
> produced 32-bit builds in the past.  I'm not aware of any conscious choice
> by the community to halt 32-bit support, so if that's not working, then it
> might be a bug.  Do you have more details on the build failure?  That might
> help us confirm if it's a bug, and if so, move to tracking it in an Apache
> --Chris Nauroth
> From: Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org>
> Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM
> To: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
> Subject: i686 support
> Hi,
> Is i686 a supported arch by the upstream Hadoop developers? I'm trying to
> package hadoop RPMs for Fedora (reviving somebody else's previous efforts),
> and can't get things to build on i686. Is this normal? Does upstream care
> about 32-bit users? What about release testing on i686?
> I normally wouldn't care about 32-bit, but Fedora packaging standards
> encourage me to get it to work for all core architectures supported by
> Fedora.
> Has anybody else done any 32-bit packaging that could help me
> troubleshoot? I don't even own 32-bit hardware. (Even better if you want to
> help co-maintain Hadoop in Fedora.. that would be awesome).

View raw message