hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme BAROTIN <jer...@barotin.fr>
Subject cp command in webhdfs (and Filesystem Java Object)
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 16:36:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm writing this email, because, I spent one hour to look for a cp command
in the webhdfs API (in fact, I'm using HTTPFS, but I think it's the same).

This command is implemented in the "hdfs dfs" command line client (and I'm
using this command), but, I can't find it on the webhdfs REST API. I
thought that webhdfs is an implementation of the Filesystem object (
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html).
I checked at the Java API and I haven't found any cp command. The only java
cp command is on the FileUtil Object (
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileUtil.html)
and I'm not sure that it work identicaly than "hdfs dfs -cp" command.

I also checked at the Hadoop JIRA, and I found nothing :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9417?jql=project%20%3D%20HADOOP%20AND%20(text%20~%20%22webhdfs%20copy%22%20OR%20text%20~%20%22webhdfs%20cp%22)

is there a way to execute a cp command through a REST API ?

All my best,

Jérôme