hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Multi node maintenance for HDFS?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:31:53 GMT
We are still working on 2.8 release and this feature is targeted for 2.9.  So we don’t have
a time line now.

Thanks
Anu

From: Stephan Hoermann <srhoermann@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 6:55 PM
To: Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com>, "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Multi node maintenance for HDFS?

Hi Anu,

That was exactly what I was looking for! Do you have any idea when this will be released?

Thank you,

Stephan

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 at 02:12 Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com<mailto:aengineer@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
Hi Stephan,

AFAIK, this is not a solved problem in the version of Hadoop that you are using. There is
a JIRA that you might be interested in.
Please look at the attached design documents of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-7541
and see
if it addresses your problem.

Disclaimer: I have never used the feature proposed/implemented in this JIRA,
however most of the developers are from twitter and hopefully this is being used internally.

Thanks
Anu