hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Kun Ren <ren.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse debug HDFS server side code
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:16:41 GMT
Hi All,

Currently I used eclipse to compile/debug the source code, and I configured
the "remote Java application" to debug the source code in eclipse, for
example, I can debug the  client side code when I run the command
"./bin/hdfs dfs -mkdir test", it goes through "FsShell--->
DistributedFileSystem---->DFSClient ....->send request to the server side.
Then it finish debugging, but I can not see how the server side handle the
request.

However, I want to debug and see how the server side(HDFS) handle the
request? Do you know how I can do this?  Thanks so much. Also when I try to
add some debug information(such as print out something), but I can not see
anything printed out in eclipse, I don't know why. Thanks again.

Best,
Kun