hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vinayakumar B <vinayakum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse debug HDFS server side code
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:21:48 GMT
Hi Kun Ren,

You can follow the below steps.
1. configure HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=3988" in
hadoop-env.sh
2. Start Namenode
3. Now Namenode will start debug port in 3988.
4. Configure Remote debug application to connect to <namenode_host>:3988 in
eclipse
5. Now add a breakpoint in NameNodeRpcServer.java's any method you want to
debug. NameNodeRpcServer.java is the gateway between NameNode and IPC
Server Layer.
6. Now you can do step-by-step execution to observe the detailed executions.

Happy Debugging ;)

-Vinay