hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Kerberos Hadoop access
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 09:30:45 GMT
Hi Daniel,
Thanks so Much. Let me give it a try and grab another opportunity to thank you again ☺

Sincerely,
-Vivek

From: Daniel Schulz [mailto:danielschulz2005@hotmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2016 14:59
To: Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in>
Cc: Benoy Antony <bantony@gmail.com>; user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Kerberos Hadoop access

Hi Vivek,

Sounds like you got this correct to me. The part "callback" sounds a bit odd to me; there
is no callback in that sense. You get a ticket to your session and then can work on Kerberized
Hadoop with that. This is two separate steps on the commandline — not one workflow connected
via callback.

What I described was the manual workflow to get a ticket. If you need to run batch jobs, like
cron, it is best to use keytab files for that. I think, the Java API should be used best with
keytab files.

Kind regards, Daniel.

On 13 Mar 2016, at 09:44, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in<mailto:vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in>>