hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From José Luis Larroque <larroques...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redefine yarn.application.classpath value
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2016 19:47:58 GMT
Hi Dejan, thanks for your answer and sorry for taking too long to response.

I have this line in yarn-env.sh:

I changed to

But it didn't change anything.

I also take a look at $HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop searching for
HADOOP_CONF_DIR, as you already suggested Dejan, and i founded this on
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=${HADOOP_CONF_DIR:-"/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop"}

Those are the only ocurrences that i could find.

I'm starting to believe that i'm making some huge mistake, because i keep
modifyng configuration files and the command *yarn classpath* is always
showing me the same output.

Please, any help would be really appreciated !!

> Hello Jose,
> For Yarn's classpath, depending how you installed everything on Ubuntu,
> take a look also into yarn-env.sh, and inside
> /etc/default/${whateveryarnorhadoopfile}.
> However, I would personally expect it to be in yarn-env.sh.
> Cheers
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:02 AM José Luis Larroque <larroquester@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> In SO someone recommend me this:
>> "check the place where you are setting $HADOOP_CONF_DIR, you might be
>> setting that multiple places.. The $HADOOP_CONF_DIR is added by the
>> bin/hadoop script to the front of the path. "
>> i'm setting it on hadoop-env.sh:
>>  export
>> HADOOP_CONF_DIR=${HADOOP_CONF_DIR:-"/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop"}
>> But it isn't working, the classpath remains the same. I tried removing
>> it, but was the same anyway.
>> Please!!! any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Bye!
>> Jose
>>> Hi guys!
>>> i have a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with a hadoop 2.4.0 single node cluster. When
>>> i execute yarn classpath on console, gives me this:
>>> /usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop:/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop:/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/hdfs:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/hdfs/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/yarn/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/mapreduce/*:/usr/local/hadoop/contrib/capacity-scheduler/*.jar:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/yarn/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/yarn/lib/*
>>> As you can see, the first value is repeated three times. I looked for a
>>> way to redefine or reset this. The only way, as far as i know, it's
>>> redefining a property in yarn-site.xml, like this:
>>>  <property>
>>>     <description>Classpath for typical applications.</description>
>>>      <name>yarn.application.classpath</name>
>>>         <value>
>>>         $HADOOP_CONF_DIR, $HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/*, $HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/*,
>>>      </value>
>>>   </property>
>>> But yarn.application.classpath remains the same, without changes, even
>>> if i stop every process of hadoop and start them all again. What other
>>> option do i have? i'm doing something wrong here?

View raw message