hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Jangra <hadoop2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error While copying file from local to dfs
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 02:43:32 GMT
Hi Vinodh,

After looking at your configs below are my answer -

1. Use any other port in dfs.defaultFS property because 50075 is the port
used for Datanode's WEB UI. Port in this property is mean to used for
metadata transfer which is 8020 by default. You can use 8020 or any other
except port in below links -

https://ambari.apache.org/1.2.3/installing-hadoop-using-ambari/content/reference_chap2_1.html

2.  Secondly, you have used Replication factor 2 an data node ONLY ONE,
make it to 1.

3. Lastly, when you fire copyFromLocal command, you can do it like -

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal filename hdfs_path_name

Or if you want to use the namenode address and port -

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal *4300.txt hdfs://10.219.149.100:<PORT>/a.txt
<http://10.219.149.100:50010/a.txt>*

Note that the Port should be same that you used in dfs.defaultFS.

Let me know if it helped.

Regards,
Naresh Jangra

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Mallanagouda Patil <
mallanagouda.c.patil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vinod,
>
> Can you try this.
> 1: core-site.XML
> hdfs://localhost
> 2: restart hadoop stop-dfs.sh and start-dfs.sh
> 2:try this command
> hadoop fs -copyFromLocal sourcefile /
> It copies file from Source file to hdfs root.
> I hope it helps.
>
> Thanks
> Mallan
> On Mar 5, 2016 11:11 AM, "Vinodh Nagaraj" <vinodh.dba.c@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Please help me.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Vinodh.N
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Vinodh Nagaraj <vinodh.dba.c@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am new bee to Hadoop.
>>>
>>> I installed hadoop 2.7.1 on windows 32 bit machine ( windows 7 ) for
>>> learning purpose.
>>>
>>> I can execute start-all.cmd successfully.
>>>
>>> When i execute jps,i got the below output.
>>> 28544 NameNode
>>> 35728
>>> 36308 DataNode
>>> 43828 Jps