hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Sultan Alamro <sultan.ala...@gmail.com>
Subject Running multiple copies of each task
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 00:05:53 GMT
Hi there,

I have been looking at the hadoop source code 2.6.0 trying to understand
the low level details and how the framework is actually working.

I have a simple idea and I am trying to figure out where and how the idea
can be implemented. The idea can be described in one sentence: "Running
multiple copies of each task". However, implementing the idea is not as
simple as I think.

What I am aware of is that I only need to modify a few classes. But, which
classes?

I just need someone to guide me to the right direction.

Best,
Sultan