hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Oussama Jilal <jilal.ouss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decommission a DataNode from a running Hadoop Cluster
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 11:56:08 GMT

Seems like I was updating the "hdfs-site.xml" on the datanode I want to
decommission instead of the namenode. I added the exclude property in the
"hdfs-site.xml" on the namenode, executed the refresh command and it worked
without restarting the cluster... it is now decommissioning.

Please ignore my previous email.

Thank you.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Oussama Jilal <jilal.oussama@gmail.com>

> Hello,
> I need to decommission a datanode from a running cluster, my probleme is
> that the "dfs.hosts.exclude" property was not set on either the
> "hdfs-site.xml" nor the "core-site.xml", and since adding it requires an
> HDFS restart (which I can't do). How do I decommission that datanode ?

View raw message