hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@Sportingsolutions.com>
Subject Just switched to yarn/Hadoop 2.6.0 - help with logs please!
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:08:41 GMT
Hi,

After a long time using Hadoop 1.x, I've recently switched to Hadoop 2.6.0. I've got a MapReduce
program running, but I want to see the logs and debug info that I used to be able to view
via the JobTracker at http://localhost:50030/jobtracker.jsp.

Googling around so far has suggested I enable aggregation, done that by adding yarn.log-aggregation-enable=true
in my yarn-site.xml and restarting. I can now run 'yarn logs -applicationId <appId>
successfully and see the log info on the console, but there's a load of extraneous info there
on top what I really want, which is the stdout info I used to be able to get from the JobTracker.
These logs hint at http://localhost:8032, but heading there gives me the message "It looks
like you are making an http request to a Hadoop IPC port. This is not the correct port for
the web interface on this daemon." Helpful. What is the correct port for the web interface
on this daemon?

How do get to see my MapReduce job's stdout data via the web interface like I did with :50030/jobtracker.jsp
in the old days.

Thanks!

Tony
This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Neither Sporting Index Group
nor the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect
any computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email. Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP. Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Conduct Authority (reg. no. 150404) and UK Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.
Sporting Solutions is the trading name of SPIN Services Ltd, a company registered in England
and Wales with company number 06268648, whose registered office is at Gateway House, Milverton
Street, London, SE11 4AP.