hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Leonard, Michael" <Michael.Leon...@opco.com>
Subject Hadoop on premise versus cloud
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:01:40 GMT
Hi,

I work at a large financial institution. I'm exploring deploying Hadoop and I'm trying to
understand why I would deploy on premise when the cloud is faster and easier. What are the
pros/cons of each? How does pricing compare between on premise and cloud deployments?

Any color would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Michael

This communication and any attached files may contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If this communication has been received in error, please delete or destroy it
immediately.  Please go to http://www.opco.com/EmailDisclosures for important information
and further disclosures pertaining to this transmission.