hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HDFS ShortCircuit Read on Mac?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 23:57:06 GMT
Hello Demai,

HDFS short-circuit read currently does not work on Mac, due to some platform differences in
handling of domain sockets.  The last time I checked, our Hadoop code was exceeding a maximum
path length enforced on Mac for domain socket paths.  I haven't had availability to look at
this in a while, but the prior work is tracked in JIRA issues HDFS-3296 and HADOOP-11957 if
you want to see the current progress.

--Chris Nauroth

From: Demai Ni <nidmgg@gmail.com<mailto:nidmgg@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 4:46 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: HDFS ShortCircuit Read on Mac?

hi, folks,

wondering anyone has setup HDFS shortcircuit Read on Mac? I installed hadoop through homebrew
on Mac. It is up and running. But I cannot config "dfs.domain.socket.path" as instructed here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/ShortCircuitLocalReads.html
Since there is no dn_socket on the mac.

any pointers are appreciated.

Demai