hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Naganarasimha Garla <naganarasimha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about usage of Hadoop built-in examples
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:26:05 GMT
Hi Joan,
In 2.7.1 i am able to see <installation
folder>/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.7.1.jar which
can help you run some sample MapRed Examples like wordcount/ PI

naga@<hostname>:/opt/install/hadoop-2.7.1/bin$ ./yarn jar
../share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.7.1.jar
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 7003
An example program must be given as the first argument.
Valid program names are:
  aggregatewordcount: An Aggregate based map/reduce program that counts the
words in the input files.
  aggregatewordhist: An Aggregate based map/reduce program that computes
the histogram of the words in the input files.
  bbp: A map/reduce program that uses Bailey-Borwein-Plouffe to compute
exact digits of Pi.
  dbcount: An example job that count the pageview counts from a database.
  distbbp: A map/reduce program that uses a BBP-type formula to compute
exact bits of Pi.