hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ilya Karpov <i.kar...@cleverdata.ru>
Subject Why would ApplicationManager request RAM more that defaut 1GB?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:36:18 GMT
Hi all,
can’t figure out subj.
On my hadoop cluster I have an issue when ApplicationMaster(AM) killed by NodeManager because
AM tries to allocate more than default 1GB. MR application, that AM is in charge of, is a
mapper only job(1(!) mapper, no reducers, downloads data from remote source). At the moment
when AM killed, MR job is ok (uses about 70% of ram limit). MR job doesn't have any custom
counters, distributes caches etc, just downloads data (by portions) via custom input format.
To fix this issue, I raised memory limit for AM, but I want to know what is the reason of
eating 1GB (!) for a trivial job like mine?