hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From 남경완 <kwnam1...@gmail.com>
Subject namenode doesn't update block locations when data directories of a datanode is changed
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 02:38:18 GMT
Hello

I’m running hadoop-2.4.0 cluster.
each datanode has 10 disks, directories for 10 disks are specified in
dfs.datanode.data.dir.
a few days ago, I modified dfs.datanode.data.dir of a datanode (<DN1>) to
reduce disks. so two disks were excluded from dfs.datanode.data.dir.
after the datanode was restarted, I expected that the namenode would update
block locations.
In other words, I thought the namenode should remove <DN1> from block
locations associated with blocks which were stored on excluded disks.
but, the namenode didn't update the block locations...
in my understanding, datanode send a block report to the namenode when
datanode start so the namenode should update block locations immediately.
Is a bug? Could anyone please explain?

Thank you