hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: a non-commerial distribution of hadoop ecosystem?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:42:29 GMT
Hello Demai,

Apache Bigtop is a project that tests and publishes rpm and deb packages for Hadoop ecosystem
components.  They'll have more details on their own site.

http://bigtop.apache.org/

Would this suit your needs?

--Chris Nauroth

From: Demai Ni <nidmgg@gmail.com<mailto:nidmgg@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, June 1, 2015 at 1:37 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: a non-commerial distribution of hadoop ecosystem?

hi, Guys,

I have been doing some research/POC using hadoop system. Normally, I either use homebrew on
mac for single node installation, or use CDH(Cloudera) for a 3~4 nodes small linux cluster.

My question is besides the commercial distributions: CDH(Cloudera)  , HDP (Horton work), and
others like Mapr, IBM... Is there a distribution that is NOT owned by a company?  I am looking
for something simple for cluster configuration/installation for multiple components: hdfs,
yarn, zookeeper, hive, hbase, maybe Spark. Surely, for a well-experience person(not me), he/she
can build the distribution from Apache releases. Well, I am more interested on building application
on top of it, and hopefully to find one packed them together.

BTW, I don't need the latest releases like other commercial distribution offered.  I am also
looking into the ODP(the open data platform), but that project is kind of quiet after the
initial Feb announcement.

Thanks.

 Demai