hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject a non-commerial distribution of hadoop ecosystem?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:37:40 GMT
hi, Guys,

I have been doing some research/POC using hadoop system. Normally, I either
use homebrew on mac for single node installation, or use CDH(Cloudera) for
a 3~4 nodes small linux cluster.

My question is besides the commercial distributions: CDH(Cloudera)  , HDP
(Horton work), and others like Mapr, IBM... Is there a distribution that is
NOT owned by a company?  I am looking for something simple for cluster
configuration/installation for multiple components: hdfs, yarn, zookeeper,
hive, hbase, maybe Spark. Surely, for a well-experience person(not me),
he/she can build the distribution from Apache releases. Well, I am more
interested on building application on top of it, and hopefully to find one
packed them together.

BTW, I don't need the latest releases like other commercial distribution
offered.  I am also looking into the ODP(the open data platform), but that
project is kind of quiet after the initial Feb announcement.

Thanks.

 Demai