Anand,

Sorry about that, I was assuming Redhat/Centos.

For Ubuntu, try sudo update-alternatives --config java.

-------- Original message --------
From: Anand Murali <anand_vihar@yahoo.com>
Date: 04/01/2015 7:22 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop 2.6 issue

Dear Mr.Roland:

The alternatives command errors out. I have the extracted version of the Oracle JDK7. However I am ignorant regarding its installation on Ubuntu. Can you point me to installation material so that I can look up and try.

Thanks

Regards,

Anand Murali
11/7, 'Anand Vihar', Kandasamy St, Mylapore
Chennai - 600 004, India
Ph: (044)- 28474593/ 43526162 (voicemail)