hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Aquilina <jaquil...@eagleeyet.net>
Subject Re: Unable to Find S3N Filesystem Hadoop 2.6
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:26:23 GMT

One thing I think which i most likely missed completely is are you using
an amazon EMR cluster or something in house?

Jonathan Aquilina
Founder Eagle Eye T

On 2015-04-20 16:21, Billy Watson wrote:

> I appreciate the response. These JAR files aren't 3rd party. They're included with the
Hadoop distribution, but in Hadoop 2.6 they stopped being loaded by default and now they have
to be loaded manually, if needed.
> Essentially the problem boils down to:
> - need to access s3n URLs
> - cannot access without including the tools directory
> - after including tools directory in HADOOP_CLASSPATH, failures start happening later
in job
> - need to find right env variable (or shell script or w/e) to include jets3t & other
JARs needed to access s3n URLs (I think)
> William Watson
> Software Engineer
> (904) 705-7056 PCS
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <jaquilina@eagleeyet.net> wrote:
> you mention an environmental variable. the step before you specify the steps to run to
get to the result. you can specify a bash script that will allow you to put any 3rd party
jar files, for us we used esri, on the cluster and propagate them to all nodes in the cluster
as well. You can ping me off list if you need further help. Thing is I havent used pig but
my boss and coworker wrote the mappers and reducers. to get these jars to the entire cluster
was a super small and simple bash script.
> ---
> Regards,
> Jonathan Aquilina
> Founder Eagle Eye T
> On 2015-04-20 15:17, Billy Watson wrote:
> Hi,
> I am able to run a `hadoop fs -ls s3n://my-s3-bucket` from the command line without issue.
I have set some options in hadoop-env.sh to make sure all the S3 stuff for hadoop 2.6 is set
up correctly. (This was very confusing, BTW and not enough searchable documentation on changes
to the s3 stuff in hadoop 2.6 IMHO).
> Anyways, when I run a pig job which accesses s3, it gets to 16%, does not fail in pig,
but rather fails in mapreduce with "Error: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme:
> I have added [hadoop-install-loc]/lib and [hadoop-install-loc]/share/hadoop/tools/lib/
to the HADOOP_CLASSPATH env variable in hadoop-env.sh.erb. When I do not do this, the pig
job will fail at 0% (before it ever gets to mapreduce) with a very similar "No fileystem for
scheme s3n" error.
> I feel like at this point I just have to add the share/hadoop/tools/lib directory (and
maybe lib) to the right environment variable, but I can't figure out which environment variable
that should be.
> I appreciate any help, thanks!!
> Stack trace:
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2584) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2591)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:91) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2630)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2612) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:370)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:296) at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(FileInputFormat.java:498)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(FileInputFormat.java:467)
at org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.CSVExcelStorage.setLocation(CSVExcelStorage.java:609)
at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigInputFormat.mergeSplitSpecificConf(PigInputFormat.java:129)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.<init>(MapTask.java:512)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:755) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1628)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)
> -- Billy Watson
> --
> William Watson
> Software Engineer