hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From yves callaert <yves_calla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with Hadoop 2.6 native build Windows
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:46:15 GMT
Hi All,I am currently trying to build Hadoop 2.6 for windows from the source code but I encountered
a problem in the "libwinutils.c" class.The problem is with the following line of code:const
WCHAR* wsceConfigRelativePath = WIDEN_STRING(STRINGIFY(WSCE_CONFIG_DIR)) L"\\" WIDEN_STRING(STRINGIFY(WSCE_CONFIG_FILE));Visual
studio gives me the error "C2056: 'L': Undeclared Identifier"Following the above error , I
get "Error C2099: initializer is not a constant"
Build environment:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 BitCygwin installedMicrosoft SDK 7.1 installedVisual
studio 2010 installedProtocol Buffer 2.5 installed
I've been able to build hadoop 2.2 and 2.4 but this one seems to elude me.I would really appreciate
any insight into the problem.
With regards,Yves