hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Filtering hadoop metrics
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:01:46 GMT
Hi, I was wondering is there is a way to disable some of the sources of metrics in Hadoop?
In fact I do not want to receive ugi, metricssystem and defaut metrics. Is there any way to
achieve this?
Thank you.

> On 21 Apr 2015, at 19:49, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ted,
> I’ve tried [Ugi]*Metrics[System]*,
> and in this case the output contains both of them.
> Thank you.
>
>> On 21 Apr 2015, at 19:39, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ted,
>> I am using hadoop-2.5.1
>> Thank you.
>>
>>> On 21 Apr 2015, at 19:32, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What release of hadoop are you using ?
>>>
>>> Maybe try regex such as:
>>> [Ugi]*Metrics[System]*
>>>
>>> Cheers

with hadoop-metrics2.properties file. I would like to use filters to exclude the records which
I am not going to use.

only the first one is excluded. I’ve tried to use something like