hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 19:13:51 GMT
Hi guys... Thanks for bringing up this thread. I forgot to post here that finally I solved
the problem. Here is the tip which may be useful for someone else in the future.
You know what? When you run the format command, in the case that it need the confirmation,
you have to press 'Y' (capital letter). If you, mean me!, press 'y' it doesn't format and
leave an error message which causes some further problems but you ignored it (because you
may think that I confirmed the format command and know everything should be fine!).

Correctly pressing 'Y' in the format command and then start-all.sh, you will see that the
"ipc.client:retrying connect to server" is gone...

View raw message