hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Slider as a default mechanism for HBase on HDP 2.2
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:24:47 GMT
Can you point me to the doc where you read about the default ?

Since the question is Ambari related, you can consider posting on Ambari mailing list.

> On Feb 23, 2015, at 11:22 PM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <write2kishore@gmail.com>
> Ted, thanks for the reply.
> But is Slider not expected to start HBase by default without the above steps? I remember
to have read somewhere in HDP 2.2 manuals that Slider is the default deployment mechanism
for HBase.
> Kishore
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ambari 1.7.0 allows deploying hbase through Slider using Views.
>> Click on Views on the left hand side.
>> Expand Slider and click on 'Create Instance'
>> In the dialog, fill in Ambari Server Cluster REST API URL. e.g. http://c6401.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1
>> After creating the View, select the view from admin dropdown on the upper right hand
>> From there you can create a new App by selecting HBase as the application type
>> Cheers
>>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Ulul <hadoop@ulul.org> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I was wondering the same, the following post suggests that       HBase+Slider
integration in Ambari should be delivered with HDP 2.3 or even 2.2.1
>>> http://hortonworks.com/blog/discover-hdp-2-2-apache-hbase-yarn-slider-fast-nosql-access/
>>> It also contains a link to a doc on how to install HBase over Slider on HDP 2.2
>>> What I couldn't find is how you migrate from "standalone" to Slider-based for
an existing HBase deployment. If you try that and have feedback don't hesitate to share
>>> Ulul
in HDP 2.2., the default deployment mechanism for HBase/Accumulo is through Slider (i.e.,
they are enabled by default for YARN). However, that does not seem to be the case. Can we
choose to install HBase through Slider during HDP installation through Ambari? i.e., was there
a customization option that we are missing

View raw message