hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS data after nodes become unavailable?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:45:14 GMT
Do you know why the 3 nodes are down ? With replication,  the copy of data
that were hosted on those failed nodes will not be available. However, the
data will still be served by the hosts having the other 2 copies - so I
don't think you need to copy the data again.

Unless for some reason the 3 copies of some data ended up on these nodes,
in which case those will not be available

Maybe you could do a ' hadoop fsck /'  to confirm if the HDFS is healthy.

-Rajesh