hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From sam liu <samliuhad...@gmail.com>
Subject Failed to run distcp against ftp server installed on Windows.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:41:53 GMT
Hi Experts,

I could run distcp against ftp server installed on Linux, but could NOT run
distcp against ftp server installed on Windows. Below are the steps.

Is this a DistCp bug? Any comments?

[Scenario 1]
I installed a BI cluster using trunk build on HadoopNode1, and then could
copy file from a ftp installed on Linux to hdfs using command:
hadoop distcp ftp://user1:user1@9.185.68.201/home/user1/ftp.txt
hdfs://HadoopNode1:9000/tmp/

[Scenario 2]
On the same hadoop node, I can copy file from a remote ftp server installed
on Windows7 using command:
wget ftp://Viewer:password1@9.126.148.79/ftp-win.txt.

But I failed to copy file from a ftp installed on Windows7 to hdfs using
command:
[user1@HadoopNode1 ~]$ hadoop distcp
ftp://Viewer:password1@9.126.148.79/ftp-win.txt /tmp/
15/02/01 23:03:37 INFO tools.DistCp: Input Options:
DistCpOptions{atomicCommit=false, syncFolder=false, deleteMissing=false,
ignoreFailures=false, maxMaps=20, sslConfigurationFile='null',
copyStrategy='uniformsize', sourceFileListing=null, sourcePaths=[
ftp://Viewer:password1@9.126.148.79/ftp-win.txt], targetPath=/tmp,
targetPathExists=true}
15/02/01 23:03:38 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at
HadoopNode1/9.30.239.166:8032
15/02/01 23:05:50 ERROR tools.DistCp: Exception encountered
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed
without indication.
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:313)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:290)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:479)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:552)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.sendCommand(FTP.java:601)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.quit(FTP.java:809)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.logout(FTPClient.java:979)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.ftp.FTPFileSystem.disconnect(FTPFileSystem.java:151)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.ftp.FTPFileSystem.getFileStatus(FTPFileSystem.java:395)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Globber.getFileStatus(Globber.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Globber.glob(Globber.java:248)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.globStatus(FileSystem.java:1632)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.GlobbedCopyListing.doBuildListing(GlobbedCopyListing.java:77)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.CopyListing.buildListing(CopyListing.java:80)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.createInputFileListing(DistCp.java:342)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.execute(DistCp.java:154)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.run(DistCp.java:121)
        at org.apache.hadoop.tools.DistCp.main(DistCp.java:390)

Thanks!