hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: execute job in a remote jobtracker in YARN?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 22:48:42 GMT

There is no "JobTracker" in YARN. There is an ApplicationMaster. And there is a ResourceManager.
Which do you mean?

You can use the ResourceManager REST API to submit new applications

Another option (and a rather convoluted one at that) is to create an MR job which retrieves
the job jar and conf and parameters from a common source (FTP server e.g.) and launches a
new job. This is something similar to what Oozie does. However its unlikely that you need
to do the same thing.