hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From <hadoop.supp...@visolve.com>
Subject Hadoop - HTTPS communication between nodes - How to Confirm ?
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:53:01 GMT
Hello Everyone,

We are trying to measure performance between HTTP and HTTPS version on
Hadoop DFS, Mapreduce and other related modules.

As of now, we have tested using several metrics on Hadoop HTTP Mode.
Similiarly we are trying to test the same metrics on HTTPS Platform.
Basically our test suite cluster consists of one Master Node and two Slave
Nodes.

We have configured HTTPS connection and now we need to verify whether Nodes
are communicating directly through HTTPS. Tried checking logs, clusters
webhdfs ui, health check information, dfs admin report but of no help. Since
there is only limited documentation available in HTTPS, we are unable to
verify whether Nodes are communicating through HTTPS.

Hence any experts around here can shed some light on how to confirm HTTPS
communication status between nodes (might be with mapreduce/DFS).

Note: If I have missed any information, feel free to check with me for the
same.

Thanks,

S.RagavendraGanesh

ViSolve Hadoop Support Team