hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Rodriguez <jeffrey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop testing with 72GB HDD?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 05:45:01 GMT
Yes it can be done through virtualization providing you can setup VMWare in
your hardware for example ( you may find other options for virtualizing).
If you needed to do a proof of concept though I would advice to go with a
cloud vendor like IBM Bluemix or Amazon EC.  You may have a better
performance experience using cloud instances thaat you can provision, use
and discard.