hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Fabio <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Capacity scheduler locality allocation
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:05:00 GMT
Hi everyone,
I am testing the capacity scheduler with SLS. I am simulating _a single
node_. When an application requires, let's say, 46 mappers, the request
will be like:

Location: default-rack, Relax Locality: true}

But then I see the containers are assigned as OFF-SWITCH, thus going to
satisfy first the "Location: *" request.
Why is it so? Since I have a single node I was expecting all the
assignment to be node-local. Is this an unusual behavior or is it
expected in your opinion?

Thanks

Fabio