hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Long Jin <long...@eng.ucsd.edu>
Subject Errors with Checkpoint NameNode
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 02:04:28 GMT

I want to setup 2-node HDFS: a master NameNode and a Checkpoint
NameNode. My configuration is pretty standard (mostly the default).

//on the 1st machine
#hdfs namenode

//on the 2nd machine
#hdfs namenode -checkpoint

After the startup, the Checkpoint NameNode repeatedly print out the
following errors (I've got thousands of the same error)

14/12/01 17:21:59 ERROR namenode.FSNamesystem: Swallowing exception in
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bad state: BETWEEN_LOG_SEGMENTS
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:172)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog.getCurSegmentTxId(FSEditLog.java:493)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem$NameNodeEditLogRoller.run(FSNamesystem.java:4366)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Could anyone tell me what did I do wrongly, or pointed me some
direction to look at?

Thanks a lot!

View raw message