hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Ramakrishnan <venkat.archit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while creating hadoop package 2.6.0 with Maven 3.2.3
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 05:01:12 GMT
Hi Arpit,

Thanks for responding!

Thanks for pointing that out.  I remember reading in one of the
hadoop or pig wikis that unix-like utilities like CYGWIN are not required
anymore for the
windows installation, so I had skipped it initially.

Anyway, I have installed both GNUWIN32 and CYGWIN and have
added their bin directory in PATH env variable. Still the same error is
being displayed
that sh.exe cannot be found.

Note: I cannot find sh.exe in both the bin directories. I did a 'dir /S'
for sh.exe
for both utilities installation path, and I could not find sh.exe anywhere.
I did find 'dash' in CYGWIN though.

Do I have to tweak hadoop install script somehow to look for dash.exe
instead of sh.exe?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com>