hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Todd <bit1...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Combiner doesn't take effect if there is no reducer phrase
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 17:37:13 GMT
Thanks Kai, I understood, thanks.

At 2014-12-21 01:13:15, "Kai Voigt" <k@123.org> wrote:
Your observation is correct, the combine code will not execute if you disable the reduce phase,
i.e. set numbers of reducers to 0.

Actually, the combine code might not be executed with a reduce phase, or it might be executed
more than once on the map output. It’s the framework’s decision, so don’t put anything
into the combine code you expect to run.

Kai