hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question about container recovery
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:29:34 GMT

Replies inline

>  Here is my question: is there a mechanisms that when one container exit abnormally,
yarn will prefer to dispatch the container on other NM?

Acting on container exit is a responsibility left to ApplicationMasters. For e.g. MapReduce
ApplicationMaster explicitly tells YARN to NOT launch a task on the same machine where it
failed before.

> We have a cluster with 3 NMs(each NM 135g mem) and 1 RM, and we running a job which start
13 container(= 1 AM + 12 executor containers).

> Each NM has 4 executor container and the mem configured for each executor container is
30g. There is a interesting test, when we killed

> 4 containers in one NM1, only 2 containers restarted on NM1, other 2 containers reserved
on the NM2 and NM3.

Which application is this?

Was the app stuck waiting for those reservations to be fulfilled?

+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE