hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "bit1129@163.com" <bit1...@163.com>
Subject 回复: Question about shuffle/merge/sort phrase
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 03:48:32 GMT
Could some one help me on this question? thanks.

bit1129@163.com

发件人: Todd
发送时间: 2014-12-21 21:59
收件人: user@hadoop.apache.org
主题: Question about shuffle/merge/sort phrase
Hi, Hadoopers,
I got a question about shuffle/sort/merge phrase related..
My understanding is that shuffle is used to transfer the mapper output(key/value pairs) from
mapper node to reducer node, and merge phrase is used to merge all the mapper output from
all mapper nodes, and sort phrase is used to sort the key/value pair by key,
Then my question, whose responsibility is it that brings each key with all its values together
(The reducer's input is a key and an iterative values).

Thanks.