hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Gautam Hegde <gau...@aralitechnologies.com>
Subject Error while writing to HDFS NFS from windows
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 05:40:32 GMT
Hi All,

I have a use case where I need to transfer files from windows to HDFS. I
cannot use flume because the folder and file structure need to be
replicated as they are.
HDFS NFS is the perfect thing for this use case, I was able to mount hdfs
on windows, but when I try to write to it I get the following error.
ERROR nfs3.RpcProgramNfs3: Setting file size is not supported when creating
file: New Text Document.txt dir fileId:463160

Is there any way to resolve this, so that I can successfully write from
windows to HDFS NFS?

Thanks in advance
Gautam Hegde