hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building Apache Hadoop (main, Tez)
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 04:25:32 GMT
Hi Alexey,

Would you mind sharing details on the issues that you are facing?

For both hadoop and tez, refer to the respective BUILDING.txt as it contains some basic information
on required tools to build the project ( maven, protoc, etc ).

For hadoop, you should just need to run “mvn install -DskipTests” at the very top of the
source tree.
For tez, modify the top-level pom.xml to set hadoop.version to the version of hadoop that
you just compiled ( from the previous step ) and then run “mvn install -DskipTests”

— Hitesh

On Nov 22, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Yakubovich, Alexey <Alexey.Yakubovich@searshc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to learn how to build  couple of projects Apache Hadoop distribution, particularly:
>
> 1. The Hadoop-min project
>
> https://github.com/apache/hadoop  => hadoop-mapreduce-projct  => hadoop-mapreduce-examples
> groupID
> org.apache.hadoop
> artifactID
> hadoop-main
>
> 2. Tez project
>
> http://tez.apache.org/install_pre_0_5_0.html - tez
> groupID
> org.apache.tez
> artifactID
> tez
>
> Now, I spent quite some time, no success yet.
> Is ip possible at all, of you suppose to use Cloudera (5) or HDP (2.1)?
>
> It seems that you should keep a particular order in building sub-modules ….
>
> Thank you for any help
>
> Alexey
> This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation
and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading
the contents. Thank you.