hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Martin Wunderlich <mar...@wunderlich.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.5.1 - distro not compatible with "quick start"?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:14:37 GMT
Hi all,

I am just getting started with my first attempts to set up a Hadoop system locally and I have
been following this here quick start guide: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.19.0/quickstart.html

However, this guide seems to be out of synch with the 2.5.1. distribution. I have observed
the following:
1. There is no /conf directory. The file hadoop-env.sh resides in /etc/hadoop.
2. There is no hadoop-*-examples.jar file - assuming that the asterisk here should be replaced
with the version 2.5.1.
3. The file conf/hadoop-site.xml doesn't seem to exist.

I am wondering, if I have downloaded the wrong distribution or if I am looking at the wrong
quick start guide.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

View raw message