hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Delvechio <tomasdelvec...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.5.1 - distro not compatible with "quick start"?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 02:42:29 GMT
> However, this guide seems to be out of synch with the 2.5.1. distribution. I have observed
the following:
> 1. There is no /conf directory. The file hadoop-env.sh resides in /etc/hadoop.
> 2. There is no hadoop-*-examples.jar file - assuming that the asterisk here should be
replaced with the version 2.5.1.
> 3. The file conf/hadoop-site.xml doesn't seem to exist.

In the 2.5.0 version, the config files are in
<hadoop_install_dir>/etc/hadoop (by default). The conf/ directory no
longer exists.

In my installation, I found the jar for the examples in
<hadoop_install_dir>/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.5.0.jar

I hope this helps you.

--
Tomas Delvechio