hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Demoor <thomas.dem...@amplidata.com>
Subject Re: About building dummy Custom Distributed File system for hadoop.
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:45:28 GMT
Hi Vikrant,

YARN uses AbstractFileSystem. Filesystem is the legacy interface (Hadoop
v1).

However, there is an abstract class DelegateToFileSystem that (trivially)
enables using a legacy FileSystem in YARN  (see f.i. the Wasb class in
hadoop-azure)

So what you should implement depends on if you want to run YARN, legacy
Hadoop or both. Distributed filesystems are hard, nice to see you are
ambitious.

Good luck,
Thomas