hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "清如许" <475053...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Failed to active namenode when config HA
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 03:24:25 GMT
Hi, Matt

Thank you very much for your response!

There were some mistakes in my description as i wrote this mail in a hurry. I put those properties
is in hdfs-site.xml not core-site.xml.

There are four name nodes because i also using HDFS federation, so there are two nameservices
in porperty
<name>dfs.nameservices</name>
and each nameservice will have two namenodes.

If i configure only HA (only one nameservice), everything is ok, and HAAdmin can determine
the namenodes nn1, nn3.

But if i configure two nameservice and set namenodes nn1,nn3 for nameservice1 and nn2,nn4
for nameservices2. I can start these namenodes successfully and the namenodes are all in standby
state at th beginning. But if i want to change one namenode to active state, use command
hdfs haadmin -transitionToActive nn1
HAAdmin throw exception as it cannot determine the four namenodes(nn1,nn2,nn3,nn4) at all.

Do you used to configure HA&Federation and know what may cause these problem?

Thanks,
Lucy

From:  "Matt Narrell";<matt.narrell@gmail.com>;
Send time: Monday, Sep 29, 2014 6:28 AM
To: "user"<user@hadoop.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Failed to active namenode when config HA

I’m pretty sure HDFS HA is relegated to two name nodes (not four), designated active and
standby.  Secondly, I believe these properties should be in hdfs-site.xml NOT core-site.xml.

Furthermore, I think your HDFS nameservices are misconfigured.  Consider the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>3</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>file:/var/data/hadoop/hdfs/nn</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.data.dir</name>
    <value>file:/var/data/hadoop/hdfs/dn</value>
  </property>

    <property>
      <name>dfs.ha.automatic-failover.enabled</name>
      <value>true</value>
    </property>
    <property>
      <name>dfs.nameservices</name>
      <value>hdfs-cluster</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>dfs.ha.namenodes.hdfs-cluster</name>
      <value>nn1,nn2</value>
    </property>
      <property>
        <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.hdfs-cluster.nn1</name>
        <value>namenode1:8020</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>dfs.namenode.http-address.hdfs-cluster.nn1</name>
        <value>namenode1:50070</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.hdfs-cluster.nn2</name>
        <value>namenode2:8020</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>dfs.namenode.http-address.hdfs-cluster.nn2</name>
        <value>namenode2:50070</value>
      </property>

    <property>
      <name>dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir</name>
      <value>qjournal://journalnode1:8485;journalnode2:8485;journalnode3:8485/hdfs-cluster</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>dfs.client.failover.proxy.provider.hdfs-cluster</name>
      <value>org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider</value>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>dfs.ha.fencing.methods</name>
      <value>sshfence</value>
    </property>
    <property>
      <name>dfs.ha.fencing.ssh.private-key-files</name>
      <value>/home/hadoop/.ssh/id_rsa</value>
    </property>
</configuration>

mn

On Sep 28, 2014, at 12:56 PM, 清如许 <475053586@qq.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to hadoop and meet some problems when config HA.
> Below are some important configuration in core-site.xml
>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.nameservices</name>
>     <value>ns1,ns2</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.ha.namenodes.ns1</name>
>     <value>nn1,nn3</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.ha.namenodes.ns2</name>
>     <value>nn2,nn4</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.ns1.nn1</name>
>     <value>namenode1:9000</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.ns1.nn3</name>
>     <value>namenode3:9000</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.ns2.nn2</name>
>     <value>namenode2:9000</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.ns2.nn4</name>
>     <value>namenode4:9000</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.namenode.shared.edits.dir</name>
>     <value>qjournal://datanode2:8485;datanode3:8485;datanode4:8485/ns1</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.client.failover.proxy.provider.ns1</name>
>     <value>org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.ha.fencing.methods</name>
>     <value>sshfence</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.ha.fencing.ssh.private-key-files</name>
>     <value>/home/hduser/.ssh/id_rsa</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.ha.fencing.ssh.connect-timeout</name>
>     <value>30000</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>     <name>dfs.journalnode.edits.dir</name>
>     <value>/home/hduser/mydata/hdfs/journalnode</value>
>   </property>
>
> (two nameservice ns1,ns2 is for configuring federation later. In this step, I only want
launch ns1 on namenode1,namenode3)