hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Ehrlich <and...@aehrlich.com>
Subject Re: Need some tutorials for Mapreduce written in Python
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 03:39:02 GMT
Also when you look at examples pay attention to the Hadoop version. The java API has changed
a bit which can be confusing.

On Aug 28, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Amar Singh <amarsingh125@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. I got couple of good moves and got
some good online courses to explore from to get some fundamental understanding of the things.

> Thanks
> Amar
>

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Sriram Balachander <sriram.balachander@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hadoop The Definitive Guide, Hadoop in action are good books and the course in edureka
is also good.

> Regards
> Sriram
>

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:25 PM, thejas prasad <thejchess@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are any books for this as well?
>

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Marco Shaw <marco.shaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might want to consider the Hadoop course on udacity.com.  I think it provides a decent
foundation to Hadoop/MapReduce with a focus on Python (using the streaming API like Sebastiano
mentions).