hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Charles Robertson <charles.robert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot start DataNode after adding new volume
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:11:19 GMT
Hi Susheel,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

When I created the new directory on the new volume I simply created an
empty directory. I see from the existing data node directory that it has a
sub-directory called current containing a file called VERSION.

Your advice is to create the 'current' sub-directory and copy the VERSION
file across to it without changes? I see it has various guids, and so I'm
worried about it clashing with the VERSION file in the other data directory.

Thanks,
Charles