hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Xiaohua Chen <xiaohua.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: From java application : how to access kerberosed hadoop HDFS ?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 00:55:13 GMT
Resolved: from client machine I  need to update the
./etc/hadoop/core-site.xml with site specific info e.g.
<property>
    <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
    <value>kerberos</value>
  </property>

also hdfs-site.xml needs:
 <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal</name>
    <value>hdfs/_HOST@your-realmname</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.kerberos.internal.spnego.principal</name>
    <value>HTTP/_HOST@your-realmname</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.kerberos.principal</name>
    <value>hdfs/_HOST@your-realmname</value>
  </property>

Thanks.

Sophia

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Liu, Yi A <yi.a.liu@intel.com> wrote:
> You should configure "hadoop.security.authentication" to Kerberos in your core-site.xml.
Please refer to
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.5.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SecureMode.html
>

> Regards,
> Yi Liu

is configured as simple. Please configure another method like kerberos or digest.

> The above error is caused by below code:
>
>  mFileSystem = FileSystem.get(uri,new Configuration(), loginUser);
>
> FileStatus[] statusArray = mFileSystem.listStatus(pathName)
>

> I am new to this area and can you shed some light on:  how to configure the authentication
method to Kerberos to avoid the above error ?